2013 Annual Report
NorthBay Healthcare’s hospitals, programs and services gained accreditation and verifications from respected professional organizations in 2013.
The Joint Commission on hospital accreditation in November visited the new neurosurgery services and bestowed high marks on NorthBay’s Center for Neuroscience.
That same nationally recognized organization visited the hospital laboratories the week of August 8-13 and awarded full accreditation.
Solano County’s Emergency Medical Services Agency reviewed procedures and care given to pediatric patients in the two hospitals and verified NorthBay Medical Center and NorthBay VacaValley Hospital as EDAPs – Emergency Departments Authorized for Pediatrics. Only a handful of hospitals have earned that status in California.
Meanwhile, the state Department of Public Health reviewed the Tissue Bank at NorthBay VacaValley Hospital and gave it high praise.
Accreditation and reviews from nationally recognized and local agencies help the staff ensure they continue to meet stringent professional standards and assure consumers that their healthcare provider considers quality care to be the highest priority.
Accreditations, Certifications and Verifications:
- The Joint Commission – NorthBay Medical Center and NorthBay VacaValley Hospital
- The Joint Commission – Home Care Accreditation Program - NorthBay Health at Home
- The Joint Commission – Neurosurgery Services
- The Joint Commission – Pathology and Clinical Laboratory Accreditation Program – NorthBay Medical Center and NorthBay VacaValley Hospital Clinical Laboratories
- Society of Chest Pain Centers – NorthBay Medical Center
- American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer – NorthBay Cancer Center
- American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) – The Center for Diabetes & Endocrinology
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) – The Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology